Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Wild Idea

On 9/14/2013 9:57 PM, Snag's Shop wrote:
Some time ago I managed to tip my compressor over , landed on the
pulley .
The pulley survived , but the connecting rods didn't . Snapped 'em
both off just above the big end . Fast forward to now , and the
replacement pump I

All this talk of repairing con-rods is silly. Make new ones, if you
must.

BUT! My real question is this: What sort of situation would have
someone tipping over and allowing to fall a compressor WHILE IT WAS
FRIGGIN' RUNNING?

There is no way that could have damaged the con-rods if it were off.
So...
What the HELL did you do? (And maybe WHY would be a good one, too.)

LLoyd