Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default safely cutting flat angles

On 9/15/13 11:36 AM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 9/15/13 11:29 AM, Ivan Vegvary wrote:
Need to cut short pieces of 2x4 (12" length) with ends cut at 60
deg. angle on the flat. These will tuck up under the peak of the
attic so the drywall installer can make a small soffit. Portable saw
only goes to 45 deg. Same with table saw. I could stand pieces on
end and slide them along the fence. Sounds dangerous. Need to do
about 60 cuts. Advice appreciated.

Ivan Vegvary

Google "table saw tenon jig" and you'll see many techniques using an
auxiliary fence for the table saw or a jig that rides on the table saw
fence. These hold the stock upright, perpendicular to the table, in order
to ride through the blade.

They are pretty easy to make and will allow you to tilt your blade to 30
degrees, giving you a 60 degree cut.

I think this is the one I patterned mine after...
http://www.highlandwoodworking.com/t...wtenonjig.aspx

Very simple, sturdy, and stable.

--

-MIKE-