Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Is there a chemical antidote to bleach that will inactivate it instantly?

On Friday, September 13, 2013 8:57:37 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Tuesday, April 9, 2013 5:11:10 PM UTC-7, Danny D. wrote:

I spilled a few drops of bleach on the rug, and immediately flushed it

with water, but the thought came to me that there might be an instant

chemical "antidote" to bleach (like there is with an acid:base).

Is there something (other than water dilution) that counteracts bleach?

no one's even mentioned that bleach mixed ammonia is also commonly known as mustard gas. please don't say the mixture is not dangerous if it's your opinion.

Please don't say bleach plus ammonia forms mustard gas, when it's
impossible. Mixing it can produce dangerous fumes, but not mustard
gas.