Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Robert Roland Robert Roland is offline

Default Help! removing completely superglue

On Fri, 13 Sep 2013 19:18:41 -0700, wrote:

I tried acetone and while it softens the glue I can't
seem to get it to dissolve completely into the acetone. Do I just need
to soak the parts for hours?

Acetone will dissolve CA glue, but it takes time. As others have
mentioned, make sure your part does not get damaged by the acetone
soak.

I need to remove all the glue so I can
start over.

There are products made specifically for de-bonding CA:
http://www.amazon.com/Un-cure-debond.../dp/B0000DD1QS

In my experience, they leave a residue that makes it impossible to get
the glue to stick to the same spot again. I use CA mostly on wood.
Getting the residue cleaned off a hard surface might be possible.
--
RoRo