Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred fred is offline

Default kitchen and bathroom paint

In article , Fred
writes

I have heard eggshell is recommended for kitchens and bathrooms but
the dulux web site says it is only for woods and metals:
http://www.dulux.co.uk/products/eggshell

The tin says high vocs, so would it be very smelly if applied to a
whole wall? It says self-undercoating but would you need to use
anything as an undercoat or primer (I would be painting onto bare
plaster).

Search for their acrylic eggshell and you will find what you want:

http://www.duluxdecoratorcentre.co.u...lsion/eggshell

By preference I would use Johnstones Acrylic Eggshell or the Leyland
brand which is a more value oriented product from the same manufacturer,
both acceptable IME.
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .