Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default simplicity of design vs simple designs OT - Metal Content. Bullet Actual sizes?

Larry Jaques on Thu, 12 Sep 2013
20:06:18 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Much of what you say is true.
Which brings us back to the original cliche: the system is
complete not when there is nothing left to add, but when here is
nothing left to remove. For those who must have TV/Cable, there is a
downside limit to how much can be removed, or not acquired. And one
would be surprised at how much one can save by deciding to not have
cable/TV at all. Not only is there the savings on the cable bill, but
the aspirin, pepto, and sleeping pills :-) Not to mention the costs
to one's serenity by not having the latest new and improved
schlockmeister2000!

I figure I've saved over nine grand since I gave up TV about 8 years
ago. That's nothing to sneeze at. I have lots more time to read and
finish some other projects, too. Now, when I walk into an area with a
TV, I'm shocked at how farkin' LAME it all is. I think "Jayzuss, I
used to listen to that crap? Gag me with a spoon, valley girl."

My housemates had cable, and during one stretch I was home all
day. Even leaving it on the "news" channels, "lieber Gott, how many
times can you say "we have nothing new to report"?"
--
pyotr filipivich