Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Carl Ijames[_7_] Carl Ijames[_7_] is offline

Default Socketless Cap Screws

Not sure what size head you need, but can you mold in a rubber bumper with
threaded stud on the backside? Something like
http://www.alliance-express.com/threaded-insert-bumper, or browse their
other products and maybe something will click.

-----
Regards,
Carl Ijames
"William Bagwell" wrote in message

On Thu, 12 Sep 2013 19:34:19 -0400, "Carl Ijames"
wrote:

Why not plain hex heads? I don't see where they need to be perfectly
round;
the sand thickness may be uneven but who's to say what the bats will
prefer?
:-) Oh, also look at 12-point head bolts, not round but rounder than hex
heads and no hole.

Will look for 12 point heads since I vaguely remember seeing them in a
taller high head version. Bats as you have noted would not care if I
electro formed turds and bolted them to the mold. Pesky humans however
(ones with money) want things that look beautiful and have no obvious "I
know how they did that" features.

And yes, most of us on this newsgroup are not typical and spot 'how they
done that's' frequently. I know I do...
--
William