Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
William Bagwell William Bagwell is offline

Default Socketless Cap Screws

On Thu, 12 Sep 2013 14:47:56 -0700, "anorton"
wrote:

Use a round standoff on a threaded rod with the end of the rod flush with
the top of the standoff.

Have seen small electronics style standoffs in round. Never seen larger
ones in anything other than hex. Will do a bit of searching...

OR use one these (they are expensive):
http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/rou...rch&sst=subset

Ouch! They start at $10 each for too small.

OR fill the head of a socket screw with brazing material

See my reply to rangerssuck above.

Or use a chrome cap plug like these:
http://www.cyclesolutions.net/product/sku-BBP-3-101

Interesting! This makes the third or forth suggestion of something I had
no idea even existed. Doubt they would be tight enough to not stay in
the first part molded.

OR use a knurled thumb screw

Be great if I could find some cheep enough. Trivial to sand the knurl
off.

However without disclosing exactly what you are doing, you probably will not
get a really optimal answer.