Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default Connector ID please

On 9/12/2013 2:02 PM, Nate Nagel wrote:
On 9/12/2013 9:12 AM, Nate Nagel wrote:
what is the external battery pack connector called? I should know this
but my brain isn't helping, and I'm not coming up with the right search
keywords either. I have a few battery chargers for rechargeable
batteries; rather than using a wall wart for each I was going to take
12VDC from my UPS since the chargers all need to be plugged into the
UPS
when in use anyway.

thanks

Nate

Perhaps this link will help you out? I have a number of large UPS units
and I needed the info anyway. ^_^

http://www.powerwerx.com/adapter-cables/

TDD

I think it's been confirmed that they're Anderson Powerpole, this would
have solved the problem nicely

http://www.powerwerx.com/adapter-cab...powerpole.html

if I had a smaller unit, but as another poster pointed out, the decently
sized ones are actually 24VDC not 12VDC. D'oh.

nate

I rebuild UPS units and take bad batteries to the recycler all the time.
I'll never understand why people throw the units out when
all they need are new batteries. I suppose it's good for me but the
dummies still toss perfectly good equipment. I just put two new AGM
batteries in a 750va UPS that would cost $400.00 new, $32.00 for new
batteries. O_o

TDD

Well, the $100 ones it probably isn't worth it, because a newer one
will have better features (able to e.g. shut off your printer, scanner,
etc. for you when you power down your PC) but I agree in principle.
This unit I'm using would retail for over $400, I picked it up for $100
used figuring that it would need batteries, guess what, I got luck,
batteries are still good (for now, anyway.)

I wouldn't mind replacing some of my other ones with better quality
ones, but I can't justify the cost now, and they're only backing up
computer equipment anyway, which contrary to popular belief is not
really that picky about the power that you feed through it. The reason
for searching out a good, double-conversion UPS is it's also backing up
my rack of entertainment stuff (not that I want to keep it on during an
outage, but I prefer my stuff to shut down gracefully; also, the cable
box takes forever to come back up after an outage of only a few seconds)
and believe it or not but my LCD TV is highly not happy with anything
other than a true sine wave output as I discovered one day when the
power went out while I was watching TV.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.