Posted to alt.home.repair
Percival P. Cassidy Percival P. Cassidy is offline

Default Connector ID please

On 09/12/13 03:27 pm, The Daring Dufas wrote:

what is the external battery pack connector called? I should know this
but my brain isn't helping, and I'm not coming up with the right search
keywords either. I have a few battery chargers for rechargeable
batteries; rather than using a wall wart for each I was going to take
12VDC from my UPS since the chargers all need to be plugged into the
UPS
when in use anyway.

Perhaps this link will help you out? I have a number of large UPS units
and I needed the info anyway. ^_^

http://www.powerwerx.com/adapter-cables/

TDD

I think it's been confirmed that they're Anderson Powerpole, this would
have solved the problem nicely

http://www.powerwerx.com/adapter-cab...powerpole.html

if I had a smaller unit, but as another poster pointed out, the decently
sized ones are actually 24VDC not 12VDC. D'oh.

I rebuild UPS units and take bad batteries to the recycler all the time.
I'll never understand why people throw the units out when
all they need are new batteries. I suppose it's good for me but the
dummies still toss perfectly good equipment. I just put two new AGM
batteries in a 750va UPS that would cost $400.00 new, $32.00 for new
batteries. O_o

I used to replace APC UPSes because a new "genuine APC" battery pack
cost more than a new UPS on sale from Staples, Costco, etc. However,
having not thrown out the old UPSes, I have simply bought new batteries
for some of them and returned them to service. The last few batteries
came from Chrome Battery (with which I have no relationship other than
as a satisfied customer).

Perce