Posted to alt.home.repair
Paul Drahn Paul Drahn is offline

Default Connector ID please

On 9/12/2013 10:46 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
"Nate wrote in message
On 09/12/2013 01:29 PM, LdB wrote:
On 9/12/2013 12:01 PM, Nate Nagel wrote:

Look at the back of it, there's a red and black plastic connector on
the back panel, intended for attaching an expansion battery pack

This looks like the same connector...

http://www.amazon.com/Tripp-Lite-OMN.../dp/B0002935BA

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/image...allouts-LG.jpg

nate

Anderson Connector

http://www.andersonpower.com/product...onnectors.html

LdB

Thank you! I knew someone would know if I could just find a good enough
picture.

I agree that it looks like a Powerpole connector. There are several
differant sizes of them. Often a connector for the positive and another for
the negative and you use a small pin to connect them together.

You are talking about 12 volt devices, doesn't that connector have 24
volts on it ?

Inverters are often ran on other than 12 volts.

Yup! The connector is for an external "battery pack" 24 volts.

Paul