Posted to rec.woodworking
LdB LdB is offline

Default OT - this group is alone

On 9/10/2013 11:11 AM, Larry Blanchard wrote:
I read about 10 different newsgroups. With the proliferation of other
online sources and the dropping of Usenet by several providers, the
traffic in my newsgroups has been slowly going away.

For the last week or so, this newsgroup has been the only one with posts
- not counting an occasional troller/spammer who gets through the filters.

Wonder how long this group will keep going?

Probably not very long.

A troll going by the name Harry along with a few others have destroyed
two boating newsgroups. Harry is now working on Alt. Home.Repair. One
of his puppets is posting on this group now. Often playing the part of
a buffoon.

They will succeed here as well because usernet people cannot control
themselves. The trolls simply start off topic controversial threads
and the usernet people go off the deep end.

Sex, politics, religion and racism are their favorites topics. Throw
in some bad language then watch the fireworks.

The trolls can be beat but it takes some will power on behalf of the
users. You simply do not respond to any off topic thread regardless of
how ignorant or immoral it may sound.

Mark my words and keep this thread in mind. The trolls do it for fun
and there is no better target for them than a bunch of indignant old men.

LdB