Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default Connector ID please

On 09/12/2013 12:48 PM, Jon Danniken wrote:
On 09/12/2013 09:37 AM, Nate Nagel wrote:
On 09/12/2013 12:34 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Thursday, September 12, 2013 12:08:21 PM UTC-4, Nate Nagel wrote:
...Snip...

Sorry, I had thought I'd copied and pasted a link to a specific product,
but it clearly didn't "take." (I don't know why, sometimes ctrl-c,
ctrl-v works, sometimes it doesn't.) I'm sure I've seen a larger
version of this same connector used for electric winches as well. Let's
try this again... THIS external battery pack connector.

http://www.amazon.com/Tripp-Lite-SU1...qid=1379002059

nate

I'm confused. That link is to a rack mount UPS. Why are you calling it
a "connector"?

That's the connector that I'm trying to identify, the one used for the
external battery pack for that UPS. I was hoping to be able to purchase
the connector and then connect it to a lighter socket or terminal strip
so that I could use natively 12VDC devices in the house without using
wall warts.

What connector? All I see is a UPS.

Jon

Look at the back of it, there's a red and black plastic connector on the
back panel, intended for attaching an expansion battery pack

This looks like the same connector...

http://www.amazon.com/Tripp-Lite-OMN.../dp/B0002935BA

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/image...allouts-LG.jpg

nate