Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default simplicity of design vs simple designs OT - Metal Content. Bullet Actual sizes?

"pyotr filipivich" wrote in message
news
"Jim Wilkins" on Wed, 11 Sep 2013 13:01:33

But finding a cell phone which is just a telephone, and not a
rinky-dinky "communicator-knock off" which takes pictures, movies,
emails them to your cousin in Bavaria, surfs the web, feeds the cat,
schedules appointments with the Dentist, and tells the world your
GPS
location (but can't complete a phone call if you're moving) - that
is
a bit more difficult.
pyotr filipivich

http://www.virginmobileusa.com/shop/cell-phones/paylo/
Available at Radio Shack.

The prepaid cell plan I'm grandfathered into costs $20 every 90 days,
and unused funds accumulate. It uses Sprint, which has limited 3G
coverage outside urban areas, and no 4G here. Since I use it mainly
for long-distance calls from home that doesn't matter.

I have Virgin's Broadband2Go Internet access whenever I need to
download large program files and updates:
http://www.virginmobileusa.com/mobil...2-go/overview/
The WalMart plan gives a month of access and a 1GB limit for $20.

For completeness, I get HDTV for free with an antenna and record it on
old laptops, one running 7 Media Center and the other AverMedia's TV
program. The little clip-on dipole that comes with the Aver H837 tuner
receives Boston pretty well from 30+ miles away.

These are examples of low-cost solutions that give me maybe 98% of
what I want. Ensuring 100% would cost much more. That's the choice
which enables simplicity of design.
jsw