Posted to rec.woodworking
Michael[_24_] Michael[_24_] is offline

Default 25 year old Craftman 10 in 2HP table saw is smoking

On Wednesday, September 11, 2013 4:02:52 PM UTC-5, Ray wrote:
On Wed, 11 Sep 2013 10:29:57 -0700 (PDT), Michael

wrote:

So for my uses (hobbyist) and price range, I think I've settled on finding a used Jet. Any thoughts on this saw (quality and price)?

Thanks.

http://appleton.craigslist.org/tls/3995302654.html

Have you considered RIDGID 13-Amp 10 in. Model # R4512, I own one and

am quite happy with it.

New price is $1 less than asking price of the Jet.

Ray

I'm definitely going to go to Home Depot and have a look. It has a cast iron top and it's gotten very good reviews. I like the brand OK. I have a Ridgid 1200 lathe that I've turned a million things on, although I kind of long for a lathe with a little more substance.