Posted to rec.woodworking
Markem[_2_] Markem[_2_] is offline

Default OT - this group is alone

On Tue, 10 Sep 2013 12:36:14 -0500, -MIKE-
wrote:

It's dead for all intents and purposes. Even if on life support, it
should be shot and taken out of its misery.

The only people left are technophobes and grumpy old men too stubborn to
change. Even "forums" are old school. There are woodworking groups on
facebook and google+ that allow instant dialogue and video chatting.

In the time it takes to write this message and see a reply, an entire
group of people could've discussed and solved a problem that we'll still
be bitching and arguing about a month from now.
Of course, that's the other reason this newsgroup is still breathing.
People love to bitch and moan and we have fun doing it with each other.

There are several guys in here whose skill, knowledge and opinions I
trust and that's pretty much the only reason I'm still here. If I could
get all those guys active in the same facebook or google+ group, I'd
place usenet in the same time capsule with my floppy discs and buggy
whips.

Yeah but you have conform to the rules, here on usenet not so much.

Mark