Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default 25 year old Craftman 10 in 2HP table saw is smoking

On 9/9/13 4:32 PM, Michael wrote:
Any thoughts on this table saw?

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/for/4017043344.html

Not great, but might be worth $125-150.
It has a cast iron top, but those fence rails are suspect.

Honestly, I'd rather go for that Jet you posted earlier.
The guy said he was open to offers, so maybe lowball him at $250 and see
if he counters with $300. Those old Jets are big, heavy-duty sumbiches
and can be adjusted to cut perfectly. If it's in any decent shape at all
with a decent fence, it would be a better saw than that Delta above.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--