Posted to rec.woodworking
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default Need a new drill/driver

My 30 year old B & D Industrial drill and driver is getting flaky and I'm
looking for recommendations for a replacement. I prefer...

corded
3/8
VSR (variable speed reversible)
clutch

By "clutch" I mean this...the B&D has a ring just aft of the chuck with two
positions; namely, "Drill" and "Screw". In the drill position the chuck
turns continuously; in the screw position, the chuck only turns when one
applies pressure...handy because when it torques out the turning stops.

Actually, the drill is still just fine but the adjustment ring doesn't want
to stay at "drill", tends to slips off it. I plan to disassemble and look
but have already checked parts and what I might need is no longer available.

Thanks for your suggestions.

--

dadiOH