Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] geraldrmiller@yahoo.ca is offline

Default Why do razor blades get dull so fast?

On Mon, 9 Sep 2013 10:55:23 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Monday, March 22, 2010 1:14:32 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Is there some abrasive in my beard?
Is the water corroding the edge?

Could they make razors with carbide?

I was taught to "strop" the razor on my left palm (the right is
reserved for other uses) before trying to cut facial hair.
You could always be a real man and grow a beard. THEN your blades last months because all you use it for is shaping the edges. Until then, enjoy the hassle of daily shaving.

(To avoid the accusations of trolling, this was said in good fun. Don't misinterpret my intent with the wrong tone.)

---

Gerry :-)}
London,Canada