Posted to uk.d-i-y
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default Dulux Weathershield gloss

On 08/09/2013 16:19, Trevor Smith wrote:
I have been decorating the kitchen and ran out of gloss white but I had an unopened tin of weathershield so I used that, white gloss is white gloss but when I finished and was cleaning up I noticed on the tin " for outside use only", why should it be outside only and what difference is there between that and interior gloss.

There is a lot more UV available outside so the paint is adjusted to
compensate for it. You may find that it will yellow prematurely when
used indoors in areas that have limited or no natural sunlight in much
the same way that it does under a plantpot on a windowsill.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown