Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jim jim is offline

Default Starvation Wages

George Plimpton wrote:

On 9/8/2013 6:59 AM, jim lied:

George Plimpton wrote:

On 9/7/2013 7:52 PM, jim lied:

" wrote:

As far as ****ing people off, are you ****ed off that a bank will
not cash a check without proof that you are the person to
whom the check is written?

My bank doesn't ask me to prove who I am.

Yes, they do.

Well they don't.

They do. I work for a bank, and not in a customer-facing position. I
nonetheless have to take an annual anti-money-laundering training class.
I know what banks have to do. You have to identify yourself.

Of course I have to identify myself.

My name is on the check. I tell them my account number.
That is it.

Once again you duck behind your silliness and
snip what you can't refute. You're a laughingstock.

If I had to go get new ID to to restore my
right to cash a check or fly on an airplane or
buy beer or vote, I would be ****ed.