Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Apprentices and charity work

In article ,
GB writes:
On 07/09/2013 17:46, ARW wrote:
GB wrote:
On 07/09/2013 15:33, ARW wrote:

And we will just get another three and start again.

I find it hard to believe that it makes commercial sense to have such
a high turnover. It takes time to train them, and even just having to
process the payroll for them costs money. Selecting fewer, better
ones, and nurturing them more, would make more sense to most
organisations.

Are you an expert on choosing 16 year olds suitable for the trade?

Nope. Does your firm take all comers? If the firm is actually selecting
the ones you moan about, maybe you should alter the selection process.
Or motivate them more in some way?

Jamie Oliver was recently saying it's very difficult to find
students with a suitable work ethic.

What sort of interview or vetting do you do before you accept
them? What sort of qualifications do they need before they start?

--
Andrew Gabriel