Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Apprentices and charity work

Andy Cap wrote:
On 09/07/2013 10:11 AM, ARW wrote:
Well the new apprentice does charity work. And not any old voluntary
charity work - he has paid to take a course to be allowed to do this
work. Does anyone else find this impressive?

JOOI, how long are these guys apprentices and how are they qualified
at the end of it? You seem to have a very high turnover.

Fully qualified (AM2 passed) if they make it to the end. And the turnover is
due to their own makings in most cases.

Three have gone in the last two months. The reasons were - one for refusing
to sign or adhere to the mobile phone behaviour contract [1],one for drink
driving, and the last one for lying, being lazy and answering back.

[1] We now have a contract due to some of them spending all day texting or
facebooking. Basically this says their phones should be left with the
electrician they are working with unless otherwise approved. Apprentice said
"It's my phone and you cannot take it off me and you cannot make me sign
that contract". No, but we can fire you:-). And his precious was more
important to him than his job.

--
Adam