Charlie Self

Default Market for old Craftsman Table Saw

Mark Leininger asks:

Is there any marketplace for an old Craftsman table saw other than ebay?

I have one from about 1955 that I inherited and have used for years.
I've been planning to upgrade and the motor seems to have burned out
over the weekend, so the time has come. I wouldn't call it an antique,
but I'm wondering if there are any forums to sell these old saws to
people who are interested in rebuilding them or using them for parts or
something.

If you find one, let me know. I've got a good friend who has 3 old Craftsman
saws he'd like to sell to make space, but so far all offers have been below the
value of the motors...IIRC, he has put new or newer motors on 2 of them. I
think he plans to keep the '29 patent, with the engine turned panel, but
otherwise, a couple sales will make him smile.

Charlie Self
"It is even harder for the average ape to believe that he has descended from
man."
H. L. Mencken