Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT - Metal Content. Bullet Actual sizes?

John B. on Sat, 07 Sep 2013 08:26:41 +0700 typed

And because I want a real drawing, complete with a seated bullet
in the cartridge. And the possibility (now) to include the bullet
itself in a separate drawing of it transiting the barrel.

If it is "just because" then likely getting pictures of various .25
cal pistol bullets and scaling the photograph will be sufficient.

I suspect that a bullet mold maker might furnish enough information,
see:
http://www.lymanproducts.com/lyman/b....php?entryID=1
Unfortunately Lyman doesn't seem to make molds for a .25 cal pistol
and a quick look didn't turn up any others :-(

On second thought, if you just want an outline of a loaded .25 cal
cartridge why not use the SAAMI drawings?

That's what I started with. Gave me the cartridge size (OAL and
diameters) and I've scaled from that. I just got obsessive about
getting the bullet itself "complete". (Right now, the Part is an
extruded shell about 1mm thin. Not much punch in that. Hmm, maybe I
cam make a depeleted uranium core for it....

--
pyotr filipivich