Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT - Metal Content. Bullet Actual sizes?

"Paul K. Dickman" on Fri, 6 Sep 2013
13:08:37 -0500 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

These guys will yammer on forever about how to get an answer but no one will
do it.
I just pulled one apart.

The bullet is .445 in long.
it was imbedded .155 in into the case mouth.
The ogive starts just forward of the embedment.
Standard factory FMJ 50gr

Thank you, that is the info I was after. At least for this case.

I think I am going to have to browse through the books on the
computer to see what I might have.
--
pyotr filipivich