Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default Is Energizer trying to kill the rechargeable battery?

On 9/3/2013 5:53 PM, Nate Nagel wrote:
On 9/3/2013 10:30 AM, Moe DeLoughan wrote:
On 8/31/2013 8:54 PM, sms wrote:

I order batteries from "http://www.batteryjunction.com/" and they
have
Eneloop, Panasonic Evolta and Tenergy Centura. They don't have Maha
Imedion batteries.

Costco sells Eneloops in AA and AAA bundles, which vary over time.
Sometimes they have a charger bundled in, sometimes they don't,
occasionally they'll have both with and without a charger.

I just purchased an Eneloop package at Costco for $23 that included
8 AA
batteries, 2 AAA, a couple each C and D adapters, and a charger. After
pricing just the batteries locally and online, I went back and bought
another package.

That's why I keep my eyes open everywhere I go in stores because you can
trip over a good deal if you know the value and prices of items.
Knowledge is power, heck, I may have to get one of those smart-ass
phones so I can compare prices and specs on things I run across. ^_^

TDD

You don't have one yet? It really is great to be able to do that, even
more so if you occasionally stop in a Goodwill, Salvation Army, etc.
just for entertainment purposes.

I've yet to find any truly spectacular deals though, although it's saved
me a few times from taking a chance on appealing looking but difficult
to fix items, inferior products from a good brand, etc.

nate

I'll get things at pawn shops sometimes because I know what the heck an
item is. My best find was a 3M fiber optic test set in perfect condition
with carrying case I bought for $40.00 and it was a current model that
Graybar sold for $1,050.00. ^_^

TDD

I only have one local pawn shop and they are awful proud of their stuff.
I don't think they plan on selling a whole lot. I did spot a nice old
60's Omega wris****ch there, but they couldn't be arsed to quote me a
price on it, and based on the prices on some of the other stuff there, I
wouldn't have got a deal anyway.

I have in other areas got good deals at pawn shops though, mostly
automotive tools...

nate