Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Panel Closet Doors

Meanie wrote:

Obviously I haven't viewed other sites. The sets I saw were minimum
of $150 for three bit set consisting of the raised bit, stile and rail
bits, as you mentioned. I was also viewing Freuds, Whiteside and other
more popular sets since I am under the impression those are the best
brands and if I spend money, I like things to last.

A very good philosophy when purchasing things. But... one to be tempered by
the thought of how much will one really use a tool? If it is a one or two
or three time use, then that lifelong quality is kind of a waste. Almost
anything you buy will last long than one or two or three times of use -
including the Harbor Freight stuff. If you were using it everyday like a
cabinet maker would do, then obviously, that would not be your choice. If
you plan on building a countable number of raised panels in your lifetime,
then they are probably not a bad investment.

I'll have to view more or consider the link you provided as I'm now
intrigued.

Getting intrigues when it comes to buying tools is a very dangerous thing...

--

-Mike-