Never Enough Money

Default Was: Suggestion for Pulling 4x4 wooden fence post.

Slighly off-topic for a wood working newsgruop . but, hey, there was a

... and the previous postings were a real help to me. I bought a "high
jack" from NAPA Auto Parts (aka Farm jack) and followed the advice on
the postings with a minor exception. Many of the postings advised
using a chain. I found that if I used my circular saw to notch out a
hold on the post, I could jack the post out without the chain. In the
few tough cases, I did use a chain and put it into the notch for easy
gripping. Like seveal of the postings also advised, a 2x4 under the
jack prevents the jack from sinking down to bedrock....

Just though my "notching" idea might help somebody...or maybe I'm
arrogant .. or both....or neither...