Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Is Energizer trying to kill the rechargeable battery?

Which brands of alkalines were most leaker for you?
Was one brand worse?

I recently had a bunch of Rayovac D alkalines leak.
New in pack, in date. Not stored in car truck or
other high heat.

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

On 9/3/2013 2:02 PM, Nate Nagel wrote:

Not really, Eneloops (and the other LSD NiMH cells) are practical for
applications where regular NiMHs (or any other currently available
rechargeable cell) would be completely unsuitable, like remote controls,
battery powered wall clocks, etc. Only took a couple alkaline leaking
incidents to make me take the leap, because the only other real
alternative would be lithium primaries, but if the Eneloops last for 3-4
charge cycles they've paid for themselves relative to lithiums.

nate