Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics
Phil Hobbs Phil Hobbs is offline

Default ANN: Updated Models & Schematics on My Website

On 9/2/2013 4:42 PM, Jim Thompson wrote:
On Mon, 02 Sep 2013 16:31:03 -0400, Phil Hobbs
wrote:

On 9/2/2013 10:44 AM, Tom Del Rosso wrote:
Jim Thompson wrote:
On Sat, 31 Aug 2013 17:59:50 -0400, Phil Hobbs
wrote:

Why not write a book and actually help the next generation (or the
one after that)?

That's in the plan.

YAAAAAAYYYYY!

(As long as it doesn't cost as much as Phil's.)

Yo' mama.

Books on electronics, even analogue, have a much bigger potential market
than optics books. So far I've sold about one copy for every 3 members
of the Optical Society, but that's still only about 6000 copies.
Getting the same market penetration in the IEEE would be about 140,000
copies.

You have to amortize the cost over significantly smaller print runs.
Besides, mine's over 800 pages of small print!

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Hey! I bought a copy and I'm not even a member of the Optical Society
;-)

I'm somewhat cavalier when it comes to buying books... just one new
good idea acquired makes it worth the cost.

...Jim Thompson

Agreed. Besides, I don't belong to the IEEE any more either.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs