Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Starvation Wages

On Sun, 01 Sep 2013 22:02:22 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Sun, 01 Sep 2013 21:08:07 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Sun, 01 Sep 2013 14:47:10 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

Im almost 60..and Ive made 9 career changes..big ones in the past 45
yrs.

Im running out of steam, desire, and ability to jump into another one.

So, you're ready to roll over and die? What's stopping you? g
No? Then it's either time to jump or time to accept your fate.
Your choice. :/

I'm running out of steam (when I lost 20+ pounds last year, I gained
some of that back; probably not one of your options), but not desire
or ability to jump. Maybe you just need to search out your right
niche. Can you legally do welding and machining (for others) at your
house? Can you change your industrial wiring skills to residential,
or does CA want you to jump through about $10k worth of hoops to do
so? (It's the latter up here, IF you could find someone to pay you
minimum wage for 4 years while you get your apprenticeship in
electrics. deep sigh) Can you, and do you want to, do solar panel
installations? That's a growing field. Ditto wind generators. You
have lots of that in the Taft area, so you might fall into that with
ease. With the portable genset, you might find work welding up
platforms for the other guys in those fields, too.

I suggest writing down your top ten list of things you'd love to do,
or at least have a high interest in. Now compare that with reality.
(Sucks, doesn't it?) But now you have a map and maybe you can find or
create that niche to drop yourself into. Back to your earlier
content, there is a pretty healthy profit margin in sex machines.

I suspect its because im (dont tell anyone..but I think Im slightly
depressed) not going anywhere and at a wobbling pace and am simply
tired of being tired of the same old **** each week, both in my
personal and professional life. The high point of this year has

Depressed, huh? Ya think? You're certainly not alone there.

been..as best as I can recall...buying that used $200 sailboat a few
weeks ago. I starved for 2 weeks to buy it...no one else in the family
gave up a ****ing thing...but I worked for it.

So..Ive not had a lot to be happy about. Shrug. **** happens and
then you die.

Change that. **** happens, you get over it, you get the girl, and
live happily ever after. /fantasy I don't want to be wealthy, but
I'd sure like to make more than I have been making. I'd love to win a
lottery for $500 a week for life. I could easily live on that and I'd
be able to put away -savings- at that rate. What a concept! My house
and truck are paid for, so it's just maintenance, insurances, and
utilities to handle.

So if you're downright disgusted, and life ain't worth a dime,
(Sing it, Boys!) Find a girl, with farrrrr-away eyes.
(da dum dum dum)

--
It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails,
admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something.