Bill

Default Any recommendations for a jointer around $500 ???

In article ,
says...
Be prepared to wait for months and months and months with Sunhill. And be
prepared for them to jerk you around with "next week" or "at the end of this
month" all the while.

I have to disagree with this post. I'm on the east coast and purchased a
Sunhill 6" jointer about 8 months ago. I received it about a week after
ordering it. I think it's a great machine. I got them to throw in an
extra set of knives and a dust port. I cant remember what I ended up
paying but with freight it was much less than $500. So far the machines
been great. I like the extra bed length too.

Based on this I emailed them and asked their price for one item.
Wrote back a couple days later and
"Please contact our regional dealer in NC.
Steve H. Wall Lumber co.
(800) 633-4062 or (336) 427-0637"

I am getting grumpy in my adage. Why didn't he just send me the price
of that model to my zip code, as I asked? Not being a friendly guy and
talking to sales people always puts me off.......well, I'll break
down, maybe, but North Carolina is not California!
We will see.
Thanks for the post/reply thingy.

I just went to the Sunhill site. It's really strange but I remember the
pricing being on the product page and I know I ordered directly from
them. I wonder if they went to using distributors now. I just tried to
find the email address to the person at Sunhill I was negotiating with,
but I can't find the darn emails!! If I find it I'll send it along.

Good luck in your search. If you pick the Sunhill machine I don't think
you'll be disappointed. Let me know how you make out if you
follow up with them.

Your welcome,