Ron

Default Any recommendations for a jointer around $500 ???

Stationary or table top...
110 v
4" dust collection port

Pros or cons welcome. Cons more so, the mfg's will all give me the 'pros'
for their models, of course.

Been looking at the Delta JT360 and 37-275X X5, Jet 708457K and Grizzlys so
far.

The Grizzlys appear to have more QC problems.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Ron

Edwin Pawlowski

"Ron" wrote in message
Stationary or table top...
110 v
4" dust collection port

Pros or cons welcome. Cons more so, the mfg's will all give me the 'pros'
for their models, of course.

I'd check out the Bridgewood and Yorkcraft from Wilke Machine.
www.wilkemach.com

LRod

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 15:54:20 GMT, "Ron"
wrote:

Stationary or table top...
110 v
4" dust collection port

If you're anywhere near NE Florida and can spend a little more, there
may be a DJ15 in your future. It more than meets your other
specifications.

- -
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net
Ron

ThankX for the tip, they look pretty good.

Any experience w/the Bridgewood BW-6R 6" model or the
YorkCraft YC-GJ 6".

At first glance the YC has the most +'s.
Mobile base
Higher RPM (4800 vs 4500)
Longer fence (35" vs 28")
$80 less, based on curreent 'sale' prices (are these their actual normal
prices?)

Am I missing something?

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
.. .

"Ron" wrote in message
Stationary or table top...
110 v
4" dust collection port

Pros or cons welcome. Cons more so, the mfg's will all give me the

'pros'
for their models, of course.

I'd check out the Bridgewood and Yorkcraft from Wilke Machine.
www.wilkemach.com

James T. Kirby

$299 for the "sale" price? If so, that has been regular for a while.

These are good machines - I like mine and have no trouble with it. I'd buy it
again in an instant (unless I could afford some really big piece o' machinery
and had room for it, but that's always the case, right?)

Jim Kirby

--
James T. Kirby
Center for Applied Coastal Research

phone: 302-831-2438
fax: 302-831-1228
email:
http://chinacat.coastal.udel.edu/~kirby

Ron

$339 for the YC, $419 for the BW model/

I didn't see $299 listed anywhere, but, I'd think I'd definetly have to
jump at that price. $339 isn't bad either.
I have to check on S&H charges or decide to take a trip across the state.

I'm in SW PA

Ron

"Ron" wrote in message

Stationary or table top...
110 v
4" dust collection port

Pros or cons welcome. Cons more so, the mfg's will all give me the

'pros'

for their models, of course.

I'd check out the Bridgewood and Yorkcraft from Wilke Machine.
www.wilkemach.com

--
James T. Kirby
Center for Applied Coastal Research
University of Delaware
Newark, DE 19716

phone: 302-831-2438
fax: 302-831-1228
email:
http://chinacat.coastal.udel.edu/~kirby

Brian

"Ron" wrote in message

The Grizzlys appear to have more QC problems.

More than Delta? LOL. Ok.

Brian.

Brian

"WD" wrote in message
On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 19:47:10 GMT, "Ron" wrote:

$339 for the YC, $419 for the BW model/

Yea, $299, but watch the FREIGHT CHARGES!!!

Yeah, they'll tack on another $200 in freight to the west coast.

Brian.

Len

Stationary or table top...
110 v
4" dust collection port

Pros or cons welcome. Cons more so, the mfg's will all give me the 'pros'
for their models, of course.

I'd check out the Bridgewood and Yorkcraft from Wilke Machine.
www.wilkemach.com

Been lurking for about 8 months.
WILEMACH and most of you guys are East of the Alleghenies while I am
West of the Rockies. You all talk about wood as if it were growing on
trees right outside your windows.
Wrote to Wilemach as I fell for a jointer they had for about $299 but
they wanted another $200 to mail it to my house. I thought they might
rent a plane and parachute it in for that kind of money!
So, continue to drive me crazy for a while until I find some folks out
here that can make sawdust as well. And they won't be TOO much like
Bay Area Dave!

@@@@@@@@@@@

There may be a screw lose in the head but it is always the
tongue that rattles
Edwin Pawlowski

"Len" wrote in message

Wrote to Wilemach as I fell for a jointer they had for about $299 but
they wanted another $200 to mail it to my house.

On the west coast, look for Sunhill About the same price and based near
your ocean.
Ed

James Cubby Culbertson

I've been pretty happy with my Sunhill 6". Would have preferred an
8" but just couldn't afford the $$. They're website is
www.sunhillmachinery.com

Unfortunately, it looks like they're updating it and there are no
prices online. I seem to remember paying around $375 for it
(including shipping from Wash. to me in NM)

Cheers,
cc
B a r r y

I have a used Ridgid 6", with spare knives, in excellent condition,
for $275. I liked it, it works great, and I'd still be using it if
I didn't buy a DJ-20.

This machine compares favorably with all of the machines you mention.

Contact me @ nospam at snet dot net if interested.

Barry

wrote:

Stationary or table top...
110 v
4" dust collection port

Pros or cons welcome. Cons more so, the mfg's will all give me the 'pros'
for their models, of course.

Been looking at the Delta JT360 and 37-275X X5, Jet 708457K and Grizzlys so
far.

The Grizzlys appear to have more QC problems.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Ron

Brian

Be prepared to wait for months and months and months with Sunhill. And be
prepared for them to jerk you around with "next week" or "at the end of this
month" all the while.

Brian.

"Len" wrote in message

Wrote to Wilemach as I fell for a jointer they had for about $299 but
they wanted another $200 to mail it to my house.

On the west coast, look for Sunhill About the same price and based near
your ocean.
Ed

Len

Be prepared to wait for months and months and months with Sunhill. And be
prepared for them to jerk you around with "next week" or "at the end of this
month" all the while.

I have to disagree with this post. I'm on the east coast and purchased a
Sunhill 6" jointer about 8 months ago. I received it about a week after
ordering it. I think it's a great machine. I got them to throw in an
extra set of knives and a dust port. I cant remember what I ended up
paying but with freight it was much less than $500. So far the machines
been great. I like the extra bed length too.

Based on this I emailed them and asked their price for one item.
Wrote back a couple days later and
"Please contact our regional dealer in NC.
Steve H. Wall Lumber co.
(800) 633-4062 or (336) 427-0637"

I am getting grumpy in my adage. Why didn't he just send me the price
of that model to my zip code, as I asked? Not being a friendly guy and
talking to sales people always puts me off.......well, I'll break
down, maybe, but North Carolina is not California!
We will see.
Thanks for the post/reply thingy.

------

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people.
It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."
-John Adams
Bill

In article ,
says...
[...]

I just went to the Sunhill site. It's really strange but I remember the
pricing being on the product page and I know I ordered directly from
them. I wonder if they went to using distributors now. I just tried to
find the email address to the person at Sunhill I was negotiating with,
but I can't find the darn emails!! If I find it I'll send it along.

Good luck in your search. If you pick the Sunhill machine I don't think
you'll be disappointed. Let me know how you make out if you
follow up with them.

Your welcome,