Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] jpmaidens@gmail.com is offline

Default Pella Window Problem

On Monday, April 8, 2002 6:18:44 PM UTC-4, Tomas Nomas wrote:
Does anybody else have this problem with their Pell double-hung
windows. . . ?

I'm having problems with my Pella windows, vintage about 1987. . . .
It seems that water is creeping behind the sash and the plastic
gaskets have either shrunk or were never designed, manufactured or
installed properly. . . .

Consequently, I now have to paint my house every 2 years (versus the
normal 5 to 8 years), and I also have an insect nesting problem, e.g.,
lady bugs, ladybugs, wasps, etc.

I'd appreciate hearing about any simuliar stories.

Tomas Nomas

Do these bugs make a straw-like nest in the springs at the top of your windows? If so, what do you do to stop this? We are told by Pella that they changed the design of this window. Pam Maidens