Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Pella Window Problem

On Monday, April 8, 2002 6:18:44 PM UTC-4, Tomas Nomas wrote:
Does anybody else have this problem with their Pell double-hung
windows. . . ?

I'm having problems with my Pella windows, vintage about 1987. . . .
It seems that water is creeping behind the sash and the plastic
gaskets have either shrunk or were never designed, manufactured or
installed properly. . . .

Consequently, I now have to paint my house every 2 years (versus the
normal 5 to 8 years), and I also have an insect nesting problem, e.g.,
lady bugs, ladybugs, wasps, etc.

I'd appreciate hearing about any simuliar stories.

Tomas Nomas

Do these bugs make a straw-like nest in the springs at the top of your windows? If so, what do you do to stop this? We are told by Pella that they changed the design of this window. Pam Maidens
Posted to alt.home.repair

Do these bugs make a straw-like nest in the springs at the top of your windows? If so, what do you do to stop this? We are told by Pella that they changed the design of this window. Pam Maidens

I have had an issue with wasps making nests in the frames from 1998- to today. Called Pella. The girl said she had never heard of the problem before! I find that really hard to believe as I have been cleaning nests out every year when I clean the windows.

The whole spring along the top of the window is clogged with nests, I have to use a screwdriver and push the nest and bugs and dust out with someone hold the vacuum up there.

I would not buy Pella again!