Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Ryobi miter saw (TS1343L) has no lock plate?

On 9/1/2013 2:30 PM, John Doe wrote:
Leon lcb11211 swbelldotnet wrote:

John Doe wrote:

It's mentioned about a dozen times in the manual but it's not
shown in the figures.

Seems that it would have been less trouble to "show it in the
figures" rather than mention it a dozen times that it is not in
the figures. :~)

I don't know what that means.

I think the lock plate doesn't exist on this model, that's why
they don't show it. I have no idea why they mention it a dozen
times, except maybe sloppy paperwork. I've seen one other person
with the same question, on the Internet. I'm surprised more don't
have the same question, but maybe nobody else reads the manual. Or
maybe they don't care to ask, considering the low price.

I was just trying to be funny. Sorry