Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Duff microwave oven

wrote:
"ARW" adamwadsworth wrote in message

I do not have a model number and it is a combi microwave.
All appears well but the microwave oven bit does not work (it goes
through the motions but does not actually heat anything up). I took
the cover off and the 5kV .8A fuse had blown.
A new fuse is £2 but what should I be looking at before just
replacing the fuse. Fuses seldom blow without reason.

The HV rectifier. It may just be the fuse though, 2A and under tend
to self blow in time.

NT

Well the replacement fuses arrived on Friday (I ordered two).

So today I went to my parents for Sunday dinner, tested the recitifer (it
was OK) inserted the fuse and the microwave worked.

BTW Can anyone guess who made the front page of this weeks edition of the
Sunday Express:-)? Clue - she was on the front page of last weeks edition.

Thanks for the input from everyone who replied. All sorted for £4 and we
still have a spare fuse in case this one decides to just die.

--
Adam