Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Duff microwave oven

"ARW" wrote in message
I do not have a model number and it is a combi microwave.

All appears well but the microwave oven bit does not work (it goes through
the motions but does not actually heat anything up). I took the cover off
and the 5kV .8A fuse had blown.

A new fuse is £2 but what should I be looking at before just replacing the
fuse. Fuses seldom blow without reason.

I had one years ago that used to do that. The bloke in the spares shop said
that "microwave fuses were the repair man's bread and butter".
It would blow the fuse every 6 months or so. The fuse was a quid in them
days, I used to do business with the guy and he did like me.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARW" adamwadsworth wrote in message

I do not have a model number and it is a combi microwave.
All appears well but the microwave oven bit does not work (it goes through
the motions but does not actually heat anything up). I took the cover off
and the 5kV .8A fuse had blown.
A new fuse is £2 but what should I be looking at before just replacing the
fuse. Fuses seldom blow without reason.

The HV rectifier. It may just be the fuse though, 2A and under tend to self blow in time.

NT