Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default Is Energizer trying to kill the rechargeable battery?

On 8/31/2013 11:15 PM, Vic Smith wrote:
On Sat, 31 Aug 2013 06:59:00 -0400, Nate Nagel
wrote:

Three Duraloops in one of these would be infinitely preferable (almost
as good as a real NiMH D cell, and possibly more convenient), *if* you
could buy the adapters in stores...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Parallel-Bat...em2a2d82 c350

nate

You might call Amazon a "store."
I bought a couple of these a few years ago. Paid about the same price
as now, within a couple bucks.
http://www.amazon.com/Eneloop-Charge...rds=eneloop+aa

I have 6 each of the C and D containers laying in a tool drawer.
Think I bought a pack of extras cell and they came with containers.
I avoid C and D.
Don't even use my big D Maglites - a 3 and a 5 cell.
Have about 4 AA LED Mags. They do fine.
Here's the containers alone.
http://www.amazon.com/Sanyo-Eneloop-...ref=pd_sim_e_5

The first link looks like the best deal.
But both of those chargers got destroyed when my basement flooded.
I replaced them with Sonys about a year ago.
http://tinyurl.com/lswwjaq

The Sony chargers charge each cell individually, and I haven't noticed
any difference from the Eneloops. Nothing scientific, just haven't
noticed any difference in time before recharge.

Still use the old Eneloop batteries too. A few wouldn't charge in the
Sony charger, just caused a blinking light. Tossed those.

That linked Sony is a bad deal. Mine had the same number of batteries
as the Eneloop charger pack above, and cost 30, or maybe 35.
But no containers.
After reading the reviews and seeing they were good, and in the
ballpark pricewise I just pulled the trigger. Won't spend hours and
hours to save a buck.

You'll run into bull**** on Amazon. When I replaced my original
Eneloops with Sony, the same Eneloop batt/charger/container pack I had
paid 30 bucks for was only offered by one vendor.
Price? 120 bucks. I put in a quick ripoff review. Apparently Amazon
puts no controls on outrageous prices. As always, shop around.

I've bought some Eneloops off Amazon, but found an eBay seller that is
reputable and has slightly lower prices.

My point was that there are NO distribution channels in the US for good,
3xAA to D cell adapters save for Battery Junction and they want an
extortionate $15 apiece for them.

I still have high hopes for the Chinese eBay seller that I mentioned in
a previous post, I know there are at least two guys on CPF that have
ordered from him, but one hasn't received his adapters yet and I'm
waiting for the other to let me know what he thought of them quality-wise.

nate