Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics
Phil Hobbs Phil Hobbs is offline

Default ANN: Updated Models & Schematics on My Website

On 8/31/2013 10:13 PM, Jim Thompson wrote:
On Sat, 31 Aug 2013 21:02:36 -0400, Phil Hobbs
wrote:

On 8/31/2013 8:06 PM, Spehro Pefhany wrote:
On Sat, 31 Aug 2013 19:34:35 -0400, the renowned Phil Hobbs
wrote:

On 8/31/2013 6:14 PM, Spehro Pefhany wrote:
On Sat, 31 Aug 2013 17:59:50 -0400, the renowned Phil Hobbs
wrote:

On 8/31/2013 1:49 PM, Jim Thompson wrote:
On Thu, 22 Aug 2013 12:31:10 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

August 31...

New updates to my Device Models & Subcircuits page.

New updates to my Simulation Tools & Macros page.

With years of benign neglect, I've accumulated more than 600
schematics on my S.E.D/Schematics page. So I'm busy indexing
everything...

after more work I'm now up to "O" :-]

Comments welcome. Also suggestions about what to add.

...Jim Thompson

Why not write a book and actually help the next generation (or the one
after that)?

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Perhaps introduce Jim to your publisher?

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

As long as he promises to be polite.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Your publisher can be rude? ;-)

The old guy, George Telecki, retired about a year ago. He was
great--I'd been working with him since about 1998. I don't know the new
person yet.

I have a couple of projects underway, one for a third edition of BEOS,
and a small monograph on photon budgets that I may send to SPIE or
someplace like that if I ever get it done.

Most of Jim's NDAs must have expired by now, so he could write about
probably 90% of the things he's done if he wanted to.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Yes. I'd like to talk. It's offensive to me to endure certain
assholes who are fond of implying I haven't done anything. (But I
still need to get many releases... much of what I've done is current
technology... I still have patent applications in progress.)

I may be physically old, but I'm certainly not mentally.

...Jim Thompson

Permission to publish isn't generally too hard to get, I wouldn't think.
Better get started if you're ever going to, though--if your experience
is like mine, it'll take you a solid year of writing and calculating,
even if you do it really truly full time.

(At IBM in the late 90s, I was blessed with very understanding managers.
When I went into my annual performance review for 1998, I somewhat
nervously told them that no, I really hadn't done any of what we'd
agreed to for that year, but then plunked down a binder containing my
nearly completed book manuscript. Not only did I survive, but they gave
me a nice raise.)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--