Posted to alt.home.repair
SMS SMS is offline

Default Is Energizer trying to kill the rechargeable battery?

I order batteries from "http://www.batteryjunction.com/" and they have
Eneloop, Panasonic Evolta and Tenergy Centura. They don't have Maha
Imedion batteries.

Costco sells Eneloops in AA and AAA bundles, which vary over time.
Sometimes they have a charger bundled in, sometimes they don't,
occasionally they'll have both with and without a charger.

Most big box stores just sell whatever has the highest margins because
they know that most people are not experts in choosing rechargeable
batteries. How many people do you think understand the difference
between low-self-discharge NiMH cells and regular NiMH cells and why
it's not always better to choose the low self-discharge batteries?

I'll often buy from http://www.all-battery.com/ because they are close
to me and I can do will-call. They are a Tenergy reseller and carry both
the low-self-discharge and regular Tenergy cells, and not just in AA and
AAA sizes. I don't think that Sanyo even makes C and D eneloops. The
Tenergy low-self-discharge are typically 20% less capacity than their
non-low-self-discharge cells.

People are using a lot fewer C & D cells then in the past. LED
flashlights use a lot less power than incandescent flashlights so
there's less of a need for larger capacity C & D cells.