Posted to rec.woodworking
basilisk[_3_] basilisk[_3_] is offline

Default Totally Off Topic - Escape Artist Blues

On Sat, 31 Aug 2013 17:46:52 -0400, krw wrote:

On Sat, 31 Aug 2013 04:59:35 -0700 (PDT), "Gramps' shop"
wrote:

Lee ...

Had the same problem with our dogs escaping the yard. Ended up
investing in an electronic fence. Works perfectly. Our dogs are
chasers and we get a lot of wildlife -- deer, foxes, racoons -- running
through our yard. My gals will chase them right to the border and then
jam on their brakes.

I had a neighbor who thought the same. Their lab would run full speed
at the "fence" and take his medicine. He was then free to roam until
they could track him down. Then he didn't want to come home because
he'd just have to do it again. He certainly would no longer come home
on his own.

I had a chow that would get down on his belly and belly crawl until
he cleared the shock zone, howling in pain the whole time, it was painful
to watch.

basilisk