Andrew McKay

Default Burglar Alarm

On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 05:22:03 +0000 (UTC), "Martin"
wrote:

And by English law if something is found to be unfit for its intended
purpose, you are entitled to a FULL refund (from the supplier) plus any
incurred costs; basically whatever is required to get you back to the state
things were in before the purchase. It is up to the supplier to pass his
costs/losses on the his supplier/manufacturer.....

I won't pretend to be an expert with these matters. However my
experience suggests that if you want a full no questions asked refund
then materials need to be returned in A1 condition, with original
packaging, etc.

Now in your case you'd installed the system and the packaging was no
longer available, plus the PIR had been physically changed from its
shipped configuration (as you needed to do).

I think Maplins were probably entitled to try and help resolve the
problems rather than offer a full money back. I'm not saying for a
moment that you shouldn't have eventually got your money back, but you
do have to give them a reasonable chance to resolve the problems.

I suppose the issue is whether the "reasonable chance" was completed
or not. We'll never know

Andrew

Do you need a handyman service? Check out our
web site at http://www.handymac.co.uk