Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave W[_2_] Dave W[_2_] is offline

Default Help to diassemble sink tap

On Sat, 31 Aug 2013 00:32:58 +0100, ss wrote:

On 30/08/2013 22:36, Dave W wrote:
On Fri, 30 Aug 2013 12:13:05 +0100, wrote:

Trying to replace the washer but having problems getting the tap apart.
I have managed to get the handle off but now need to get the cover (as
indicated in the pic) off. I have tried screwing and also tapping it
upwards to try and dislodge it, to no avail.
Anyone know if its a screw fit or just sits in position or any ideas how
to get it off.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...ps25b2960f.jpg

You could try hammering all round the rim to break up the limescale
before trying to unscrew the top.

Already tried that, think if all else fails I may try something
new.....fit a chisel to my SDS and pad the end and pulverise the cover
and see what happens. After tomorrow the cosmetic aspect will be
diminished ...I will be refurbishing the bathroom within 2 years so
desperation may prevail. :-)

OK then how about a blowlamp to expand the cover a bit?
--
Dave W