Posted to alt.home.repair
Ashton Crusher[_3_] Ashton Crusher[_3_] is offline

Default Is Energizer trying to kill the rechargeable battery?

On Fri, 30 Aug 2013 18:27:10 -0400, Nate Nagel
wrote:

Saw these in Target as I hit the fourth and last store in my area trying
to score some cheap Duraloops.

http://www.energizer.com/batteries/r...s/Pages/d.aspx

Seriously? a 2500 mAh NiMH D cell? So you want me to pay the same price
for a 2-pack of fake ass D cells as I would for a GOOD pack of 4 AAs
that each have almost the same capacity? Are you HIGH?

But wait, there's more

http://www.energizer.com/batteries/r...s/Pages/c.aspx

they come in C cell size too! Oh joy!

I mean, really. It's not that they managed to put out a *bad* cell, to
make one this pathetic takes real effort. It's like they're just saying
"**** you, consumers, we want to sell you our (admittedly excellent)
lithium primaries, so we're going to make our rechargeables suck so much
dong that if you're dumb enough to actually buy them the taste in your
mouth will be literally like kissing your crazy bipolar ex-girlfriend,
but without any of the good parts."

And *good* brands like Eneloop, Maha Imedion, and Tenergy Centura are
nowhere to be seen on your average store's shelves. (Notable exception:
I have seen Tenergy Centuras in C, D, and 9V - but not in AA or AAA - on
the shelf at Micro Center.)

Am I alone in being insulted by this?

What, exactly, are you complaining about? That their capacity is low?
Perhaps that;s the tradeoff for the selling price? What do all the
different batteries cost in $/100mAh ??