Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Hacking a Denon RCD M35DAB, CD of 2006, so far so good

"N_Cook" wrote in message
On 30/08/2013 01:28, Mark Zacharias wrote:
the usual extras about 90 pounds. Much more interesting playing
around/hacking. No guarantee that there is not some sort of random ps or
other surge that knocked out the original laser and co

The number on the Denon Sanyo one is SF-P101N but as that is on the
plastic of the body rather than a label, there may be a lot of flavours.
The optical unit just carries the laser , the receive photodiode matrix ,
and the focus+track coils. Could the track coil polarity be wrong?

No

2 minutes in could be where the sledge has to definitely have moved as
come to the limit of the coil shift ambit, worth a try . Now what
differentiates the orthogonal coils? A small voltage in each to see if the
lens moves vertically or radially I suppose. Nothing like heuristics, its
not as though the owner is paying for my farting about.

Errr, I'm not getting this. The SF-P101N is a well-known Sanyo laser, and
available - even as a complete sub-deck - for just a few quid - literally

You are slightly correct in there being more than one flavour. There are in
fact two. One has a 15 pin connector, and the other, a 16 pin. This is
always detailed where they are offered for sale, so there should be no issue
getting the right one.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Optical-La...item3383bb1e50

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SANYO-CD-V...item3a5e6e9d65

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SF-P101N-C...em416 ed6a41e