Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] recyclebinned@gmail.com is offline

Default Water Hammer In Kitchen Faucet

On Tuesday, February 17, 2009 6:14:03 AM UTC-8, Robert11 wrote:
Hello,

Have the typical single-handle Delta faucet in our kitchen.

Has recently in the last few weeks developed a water hammer when turning it
such that the cold water is put on.
Water hammer only when turning on.

So, I replaced the two springs and rubber "top-hat" gaskets in the faucet
that contact the ball.

Still have the water hammer.

Any thoughts on what might be the problem, and what to do about it other
than replacing the faucet with a new one ?

Thanks,
Bob

Do you have a water pressure regulator on your house water supply line and has it stopped functioning and do you know what the water pressure for your house is?