Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tony Bryer[_3_] Tony Bryer[_3_] is offline

Default Help to diassemble sink tap

On Fri, 30 Aug 2013 12:13:05 +0100 Ss wrote :
Trying to replace the washer but having problems getting the tap apart.
I have managed to get the handle off but now need to get the cover (as
indicated in the pic) off. I have tried screwing and also tapping it
upwards to try and dislodge it, to no avail.
Anyone know if its a screw fit or just sits in position or any ideas how
to get it off.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...ps25b2960f.jpg

Usually they unscrew - you'd be best off with a rubber strap wrench
to save marking the chrome. Make sure you hold the spout with your
other hand to save damaging the basin or pipework.

http://www.diy.com/nav/fix/handtools...skuId=11758352

Melbourne, Australia www.greentram.com