Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Hacking a Denon RCD M35DAB, CD of 2006, so far so good

On 30/08/2013 01:28, Mark Zacharias wrote:
the usual extras about 90 pounds. Much more interesting playing
around/hacking. No guarantee that there is not some sort of random ps or
other surge that knocked out the original laser and co

The number on the Denon Sanyo one is SF-P101N but as that is on the
plastic of the body rather than a label, there may be a lot of flavours.
The optical unit just carries the laser , the receive photodiode matrix
, and the focus+track coils. Could the track coil polarity be wrong?
2 minutes in could be where the sledge has to definitely have moved as
come to the limit of the coil shift ambit, worth a try . Now what
differentiates the orthogonal coils? A small voltage in each to see if
the lens moves vertically or radially I suppose. Nothing like
heuristics, its not as though the owner is paying for my farting about.